Sunday, May 10, 2009

Nooooooo! (Happy Mother's Day!) :)

This morning, Michael took the girls while I was still in bed to buy a card and potted flowers for me! :) Awwww. <3 Then he came home and made breakfast for everyone (my sister, BIL & nephew were still in town) - waffles, bacon & sausage! My extra "present" was getting to leave the house all by myself, and what did I choose to do? My regular shopping stops!


I can't believe I did this, but *sigh* I forgot to take my Extra Care Bucks to CVS with me today. Maybe because I was so excited to be able to leave the house by myself for Mother's Day? Well I didn't realize it until I was done shopping. I had everything figured out so that I'd only spend $3 oop, since Michael added coffee to my list, otherwise it would have been $0 oop!!! I was so discombobulated by the time I got to the register, that I ended up spending $29.33. OMG. I wanted to do 2 transactions so I could reuse the ECBs, but I think I just gave up at that point. I did receive $11 more ECBs, for a total of $23. So I guess I'll be getting lots of "free" things over the next few weeks (I hope anyway). Here are some highlights......


  • Kellogg cereal is on sale for 2/$4. There are $1 Qs here, making them $1 each.
  • Schick Quattro TrimStyle (been wanting to try this) on sale for $8.99, had a $4 Q and rec'd $4ECB, making it .99
  • Colgate toothpaste is BoGoF, and I had 2 $1Qs, making them .50 each.
  • Crest ProHealth for $3.49, less a $1Q and $2 ECB was also .50

Moving on to Target..... only a couple deals here, but I was taking my time - ALONE! ;)
  • bags of Hersheys Bliss are $3.49, and I had a $1Q, plus a Target $1Q, making them $1.49 (them... I bought 2)
  • 12 packs of Dr. Pepper are on sale 2/$7, and I had a $1Q plus a Target $1Q, so $1.50 ea.
  • I also bought myself a dress for a June wedding, and a few other things on clearance.

Last stop for my Mother's Day adventure was Giant Eagle. Since I also forgot my coupon binder AND my list, I just bought the non-sale items that were "needs" for the week. Chicken breasts (BoGoF), 3 pounds of ground meat (1lb for this week, 2lbs to freeze), fruit, spaghetti sauce, hoagie rolls, pot pies and apple juice. I was happy to keep it under $45, but I did forget milk. :(


So beyond the disappointment of forgetting my coupons, ECBs and milk, I thoroughly enjoyed my solo shopping afternoon! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment